Formation Week 38! Tech transition Week 54...

I am constantly critiquing myself, trying to find different ways to get things done or just simply a better way. Sometimes, I backtrack what I am doing and do it twice or maybe even three or four times more. This can be beneficial at times, but it can also prolong goals. I have a craving for things to be done in the most logical way, it has to be efficient and if I speak on it, I mean it, I must understand it well enough to teach to my 8 year old. With that being said, I scratched my React portfolio project, and I came up with another idea. I am going to build a portfolio project, but only on things that I have learned so far, React is still something I will get to, but I have not taken any official courses on it, so a lot of the code and concepts are far fetched, but I do see gains in just trying to build things this way, or learning in this way can be beneficial as well, just not for me, doesn't fit my style. I like to have foundational understanding on a certain thing, and then build on it. Sometimes, I start from the more difficult end of the spectrum, and work my way backwards towards the introductory content. I learned all these techniques in a course I'd taken called Learning How to Learn: How to master difficult complex concepts. I recommend you guys try it out one day, it's so beneficial. It's over at Coursera.com

I can see myself working in Sports in technology, or gaming, this is something I am learning about myself, like WHAT DO I REALLY WANT TO DO? WHAT IS FUN? As I evaluate my life, it's been mostly football or PC gaming. Therefore, I am going to start building things of this nature. I wonder why Google does not have a Google Sports? It seems I would have to learn how to build a news app, that may contain lots of sports information. I like companies like FanDuel, DraftKings, NFL, NBA, NHL etc. I want to build a sports content related web app. I also want to build a gaming app, I like Xbox, PC Gaming, PS5, Cloud Gaming, CyberPunk was an amazing game, I still play the most played FPS game in the world (CS:GO)... I started this game in Beta 5, at age 12, I was fortunate enough to play with pro players at this age. It's then how I started learning HTML and CSS, I created our teams website. Most team's that I were on, I was the IGL (In game leader) or strat caller, the guy who leads the team to victory. I believe this correlates into software development and computer science, I enjoy being a leader, a Quarterback, which I also played in Football from age 7 on up to college. I use these skills and traits to transfer into the field of CS. We are learning about this in Formation. Formation is so clutch, they know the game so well, and they align you with people in the field at top companies, not just for computer science, but behavioral, communication, TMAY, and basically anything related to the field of Software Engineering. And you are not taught by "so-called" programmers, who "claim" greatness or what they've done from their mouth, but these people let there resume and work speak for them. It's truly a blessing, and I will always be family to Formation, until I die. It's a fellowship that I hope never breaks or gets sold off to the commercial world. Speaking of Formation, I was awarded Rising Tide Award for the second time. It's an award given to the fellow who is voted by his peers as helpful and a bunch of other cool things that you can say about them. The person with the most votes wins the award. We actually learned the actual algorithm that is used to generate this feature in our formation portal (web app). It's really an award I want to give to a lady name Kat, she's newer to Formation than myself, but she is a shining star. Ex-teacher who is transitioning into coding, we are working on the Frontend together, and she's just amazing to work with, it's funny because I've been voting for her to win, but somehow I won again. She will soon win the award, I hope! I remember this happening with my junior onboarding buddy Aaron Mendez, and then he eventually also won.

I am getting better at solving LeetCode easy problems, after failing and getting stuck for so long, there's only one way to go. I am trying to callous my mind, I learned this from a book about Navy SEALS, and how they callous their minds during training in order to survive the harsh lifestyle of a NAVY SEAL. It's a way of banging your mind into something that feels or seems impossible, basically really challenging-- and you continue to fight against it, regardless of the outcome, you just keep going face on at it each day, then your mind starts to say, ok I get what you want me to do. Haha... it's a really cool concept that I learned from David Goggins, another influential individual in my life, go cop his book "Can't Hurt Me". I am working on trying to pass my HTML and CSS assessment at Formation, it's really annoying trying to take a HTML/CSS assessment on CodeSignal, it's the way they test your code, it can be frustrating, but I am going to pass it eventually. I am still applying to jobs, just simply becuase I may get lucky, and I want out of my current job really bad. However, I have a few more things to finish within Formation, Frontend Web, Software Engineering (L2), and Algo Marathon. Once I complete these three, I should be ready to go into the field, I plan on finishing within the next two months. That is my goal.

Comments