Formation Week 23: Algo Workout with AirBnb

Hello world! This week was pretty smooth. I got some work done on the family website, I am trying to get back to my GitHub green dots. I love the entire Git/GitHub eco system... I feel a software developers workflow is pretty unique and cool. On Tuesday, I had an Algo Workout with Brian from Airbnb. I believe this was my second time with him, and he is such a good mentor to work with, he's always happy and smiling, and that's the kind of energy that I enjoy being around. We practice a sorting algorithm called Bubble Sort, solving it recursively. Brian gave us the floor and pretty much sat and watched us step through the problem, he would chime in when needed. It was a really fun and productive session. I did not pass my assessment this week, but I feel that I am getting really close. I met with my Fellow Manager on Friday (Casey), she is such a sweet lady, she was recently promoted at Formation, and she deserves it, I remember back in July when I first started, the stress, the down feeling I used to get, Casey would lift me back up and keep me going. People do not realize how crucial that is when learning Data Structures and Algorithms. Shoutz out to Casey! I want to get better at Follow-up questioning... I will try to practice this with every problem that I solve. I learned this from Daniel at Formation. Go watch the video here -> Daniel's talk with Rahul Today, I am going to watch football, yesterday, both favorites won, Kansas City and Philadelphia. The superbowl is coming soon, that will be a fun day. It's like a national holiday here in the USA. As for coding... I am still solving recursion problems next week.
Here is some code from Algo Workout with Airbnb

Comments