Week 13 (Week 31) Formation is so good!!!

I am sorry, I forgot to post over this past weekend! Today is Wednesday night, and I have some good news! Formation accepted my fiancee Sharon Kaufman into the Fellowship, which is really huge for me, because we can work on these Data Structures and Algorithms together! Today, I showed her basic array iteration, and she did really really well. Formation really wants to help underrepresented folks break into tech, including couples and families! I referred her into the program, she took the assessment, and they let her in, she starts at the end of October. I already got her started on arrays, which is the first data structure we go over at Formation. It's good for me because it allows me to go back and review what I have learned. My plan is to catch her up to me, and we move together. I also have another partner who I found in Formation named Aubrey Ross. This girl is amazing, I continue to vote for her as a Rising Tide Award winner. Since she's joined, she's given me so much energy and motivation. She struggles, but she picks herself up and she keeps fighting through it. Today she passed her arrays assessment. She is now caught up with me. I really enjoy her contagious spirit and eagerness to learn. She takes her time and she tries to grasp the concepts really well. I think attitude is so important when learning these difficult concepts. I created a new study group in our MatterMost channel, with Aubrey and my fiancee, and we may add one more person. A lot of the other fellows who planned to work together and move together, did not last, as everyone moves at different pace, and has different priorities. This study group, will move together as a whole, throughout the program, and stay on pace, as we all are studying Full Stack. My FM (Fellow Manager) Casey is so good and supportive, she checks in on me, and keeps me going. I really enjoy speaking with her, she keeps me motivated and pushing through the curriculum. I recently passed my Hash Structures assessment, with Casey giving me great support to keep trying and failing many times. It was a great feeling, but I still did not feel comfortable (I don't know if I ever feel comfortable) moving forward, and somehow Formation sensed this feeling and gave me more Hash Structure practice the following week. Formation is really good, and they ask us Fellows how they can improve, and they improve. It's really an awesome fellowship with REALLY brilliant minds. They do not RUSH you, they continue to give you comfort and confidence. After all the let downs me and my fiancee been through, we got a chance to work hard and work together with the best Fellowship in the world in Formation. Sophie and Michael are so inspiring and genuine, I told my FM that one day I hope me and my fiancee can be like them and help others one day as well, similar to our situation. I am in a good spot, I love my fellowship and I am so excited to push forward with my new study group. I am gaining confidence each week, and my coding reviews are getting better reports compared to when I first started! Thank you Casey, Sharon, Aubrey, Michael, Daniel, and Sophie, Chris(Recruiter), Amel(Recruiter), for being good to me and my family! Thank you for giving us an opportunity and teaching us how to be computer scientist! All of you are beautiful people and I appreciate the love!
Elijah had over 260 yards and 3 touchdowns last week in high school football!

Comments