Week 9 (Week 27) Hash Structures... Football...

I am still studying Hash Structures.... learning how to create these tables from scratch (under the hood).... the Set and the Map more specifically, is the concept I am learning now. My schedule has changed a bit, because football season has started. My family is a big football family. I grew up playing football (Quarterback), and my son plays varsity (running back) for his school. They won their first game on Friday, the first time since 2018. Elijah is a sophomore, so he just started playing varisty last year. He scored 3 touchdowns and had over 100 yards. He wants to go to the University of Alabama. My best friend Archie Donald's son Archie the IV also started playing little league for Penn Hills. He is the nephew of Aaron Donald of the LA Rams. He also plays running back, however, they lost their game. On Friday nights, I have to attend these high school football games, so I am not really able to study. It's good for me though, it gives me something to look forward to and a way to get out of the house throughout the week. I have been studying on LeetCode, it's been good learning DSA on that site. A few of my Fellows from Formation told me about watching YouTube videos, and I need to do more of that to help visualize and understand certain concepts. Today, I applied to a few jobs, I just want some entry level HTML jobs, something simple in tech, anything to get out of the food business. I really have no interest in cooking anymore. I figured that I mines well try to get a job in tech, as that's what I plan to do until I die, no point in waiting until February, when I should be done with Formation. Formation removed the assessments in their curriculum... we know have subchallenges that will track our progress. I am curious to see how this will play out. I had a busy weekend, and could not really do much work. Monday, I will resume my studies.... of Hash Tables. I am learning about Collisions and how to resolve these issues... the three algorithms that are used to fix the collision. My fiancee Sharon is taking Meta's front end course on Coursera! She really enjoys it, and she is still trying to find work as a UX/UI designer. I am in no rush to finish, and the tech sector is in a bad spot with hiring at the moment. I think 2023 will be better, so it's good that I am expected to finish Formation at the end of football season, a little after the Super Bowl. I think that is perfect timing! I have to give Matthew Jr a bath for school tomorrow! I will cut this one short... I almost forgot to post! I think I will start posting a little more, because sometimes, I have things on my mind that I want to write about, but I am waiting until Saturday and then I forget!
Archie Donald IV in his new uniform!

Comments