Week 3 @ Formation (Week 21 of journey!)

I feel that I can work my way through a few basic hash structure and array problems. I am more confident that I can come up with an algorithm and then write out my algorithm in code, and get the program to work. My Onboarding buddy Chris from Formation, has been a rock solid partner to have, we will connect on Google Meet and solve things together and learn from each other, bounce ideas and different ways of solving the problem. This was a week where I found myself catching up on all my tasks and backlog. I have 3 more tasks to completed for today and tomorrow, and then starting next week on Monday, I will be all caught up. This is the best roller coaster ride of my life, I must say again. It's the mindset: don't get thrown off the bull, stay aboard; that keeps me going day to day. I am also starting to follow the MIT OpenCourseWare courses that focus on computer science. I added that to my repertoire of learning material. I love seeing the algorithms in code, it's so amazing that humans can come up with the logic to communicate with the computers. In my session on Friday, I told my fellows that I may enjoy reading others code, more than I do writing code.... Haha, not sure if that's good, but I would assume so, from what I hear :] I am a bit more confident this week in speaking about my code, explaining what I am doing or what I intend to do, creating test cases, writing algorithms, and a bit better at writing the code. I may want to try some problems in Python, as the past two weeks have been MOSTLY JavaScript. I could practice with both languages evenly. I also have maybe three books that I am reading right now(Think Like a Programmer, Paul Allen: Idea Man, and Algorithm to Live by. All of them are really interesting, and one is kind of difficult to follow. I am still working on Algo Blitz and when I complete it, I will break down a recap of what I learned. It's a rigorous Data Structure and Algo path. This week, I will keep this short and end the blog now! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Sharon has an interview with Howard Hanna next Tuesday!

Comments