Week 2 @ Formation (Week 20 of journey)!

Heeelllloooo world! I am still studying Algorithms and Data Structures. It's really difficult, I am trying to find a groove, a pattern, a workflow to better understand the concepts with less memorization. I feel like people are just remembering code and can't explain the concepts or under the hood concepts. I am moving like a turtle, as I try to understand all the lines of code that I read. I am not trying to remember the syntax, but more-so trying to remember the why and why nots. It's diffcult, but I do feel like I am gaining a grasp, as I do the problems over and over. I am also juggling between two languages in order to see it from two different perspectives, I feel this helps me a lot. I've been working on nothing but array and hash structures for my first two weeks, and I am not comfortable to move on yet. These things are pretty simple, but I am not solving all my problems in the expected time frame. I also get nervous and crumbled under pressure, but I feel I am much better after Formation gives you weekly reps at this. As time progresses, I am enjoying the work even more, and my Roadmap is loading with over 35+ tasks to complete. I give each one lots of time and I try to understand every line from each tasks. They aren't in any type of ordered, so my learning feels a bit all over the place, but I found a good way to go about things. I have to take breaks from time to time. It feels like a lot, and I am experienced Imposter Syndrome at times, but it's normal, everyone knows learning DSA is no joke! I am going to get some rest ! I will keep this week short, not much to post. Just trying to knock off tasks (Coding Problems) day in and day out.
Daddy and a young Elijah!

Comments