FEWD Week 14 @ Udacity

Honestly, I have not worked on my scholarship Nano degree program. I talked with my lead mentor for our cohort, and he advised me to focus on my Google interview, being that I am way ahead in the class, our project is not due until August, but I am pretty much finish with the project, just a few minor touches to clean up. As for my Google Interview prep, it's been a while ride, it's been really difficult learning Data Structures and Algorithms. I am using a few different sources to practice and learn from. My aim is to have basic understanding of DSA, which sounds easier said than done. I am taking a course on Udacity, it's free... it's called Intro to DSA (Grow with Google) designed the course, but honestly, it's not enough to prepare you, although there are some REALLY good takeaways from the course. I met a friend on twitch, who kind of went through what I am going through, he is much better of a programmer than me, and he has had offers from Google in the past. He advised me to learn DSA at this website called www.educative.io ! I have been working on that site, and I really love the platform, they have awesome reviews. I am working on a plan that was personalized for me, it's called Python Entry Level Interviews, and it basically teaches you DSA for Python, being that I will conduct my interview using Python. It covers the topics that need to be covered, in order to prepare. I understand most of the Data Structures, the tough ones are Graphs, Heaps, and also trying to understand the time and space complexity in relation to these DSA. Slowly but surely, I am gaining ground, I just need to keep solving problems and learning, I will feel more confident come July 6th for interview day! I am really excited... My interview at Google is for Early Career developers, I am getting word that these interviews aren't as difficult as mid or senior level interviews. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday for my lung follow-up. They will do a chest x-ray to see if I am cleared to return to work! It's really tough being at home all day, not sure if that suits me well, I enjoy getting out and socializing on a daily basis. I been using the extra time to learn, but I am trying hard not to 'CRAM' my learning, as I learned in my course on coursera, that this can be counterproductive. I usually do my 2-2.5 hours of learning each day, but I've been doing this twice per day, this past week, on some days. TLDR; That is all for this week, I am optimistic that everyone has a productive next week!
My son Elijah at his school dance!

Comments