ITP and FEWD Week 10 @ Udacity!!

So, those acronyms in the title are folders that I created on my desktop that stands for Intro to Programming and FEWD is Front End Web Development! I made it to Week 10, but it doesn't really seem like anything, because I honestly do not count nor pay it attention. Being on a computer is kind of a part of me, since my mother first bought me a desktop at 11? or 12? Not sure. But that's cool, I feel like I've been at this stuff forever. I remembered I begged my mother for the Flash 5 Bible... it was so expensive. I ended up getting it for Christmas! Never finshed it.. but did manage to build my gaming team's website using HTML! In those days, that was elite at age 13 or 14. Hahaha.... Back to the future! I can literally smell the finish line! I am so pumped to earn my first Nano degree from Udacity! It will actually be two, one from the scholarship I believe, and the other from my paid course (ITP). In my ITP course, I am working on a JavaScript Pixel Art Maker project, that is really cool to me. I came into it, with all this ego from doing the lousy two Python projects, only to be humbled once more! Hahaha. It's real how you gain confidence as you go. I took the day off from school yesterday, and this morning I returned to ITP. I feel that I did not fully lock in on the lessons for this project either. So, I am like re-watching everything over and over, and applying it to my project as I go. For some reason, my interest in the DOM and JavaScript in the DOM, weren't eye-popping at first. Then, I read some articles on Medium about Google Front End Job Interviews, only to find out that this is EXACTLY one of the possible questions you may get! HAha, so I locked in and I am grasping it. It's really cool how you can manipulate HTML and CSS with JavaScript and the DOM. I really like using the Chrome Dev Tools a lot too, I feel I have more confidence in that tool the more I use it. It feels cool to use the debugger, makes it look like you know what you are doing, LOL. For FEWD, I am also working on a Blog Website Project, I may have mentioned before. Well, I completed the Home Page of the blog, I just have to complete the blog-post page now. Once, I pass these two projects, I believe I graduate from ITP, if the Lord permits me. As for the FEWD, there is one more project, where I will build a Landing Page! I am super excited for that! TLDR; That's all I have been doing is working on these two projects. The weather in Pittsburgh is GREAT btw!
Matthew McCane Jr, he wants to be a 'coder'!

Comments