Intro to Programming & Front-End Fundamentals Week 8 @ Udacity!

This will not be a TLDR! I have so much to do, and I am glad! My scholarship kicked off this week, and I am still making progress in my Intro to Programming course. I am learning so much, and doing things that I found impossible to do in the beginning. I feel in Engineering, the element of a team or some type of mentor support is crucial. It goes to show how things can be so much better if people all came together and worked towards a goal. For my ITP - Intro to Programming course, I am working my first OOP project. OOP stands for Object Oriented Programming. It was tough to grasp at first, but after talking with other engineers and doing research, I am starting to gain some steps. You create classes and objects, and inside those classes you can create methods and subclasses as well. You really can't refer to the basic Python functions that are built-in, because you are 'creating' those built-in functions now, so you have to know what you are doing. It's a very important topic to learn in terms of all programming languages. I am making a Rock Paper Scissors game. Each day, I learn new things as I work on it. After this blog, I will start working on it for 2 hours, and then I will do 2 more hours on my Front End Fundamentals program. In the FEF (Front end Fundamentals) program, I had the entire first chapter complete from the ITP program, they are the same. Therefore, I jumped right into CSS Intermediate. They taught us CSS Grid and Flexbox, followed by Responsive Design. I completed the course in a few days, and now we have to do a project. This project is building a blog website. So at the time, I am working on two projects, which I LOVE doing so much! I can't explain why I love projects so much... well I can, but that will be another day. My scholarship cohort at Udacity has a meeting on Monday at 6:00PM. These weekly connect sessions will help us stay on track to graduate and give us support when needed! I am excited for that tomorrow as well. Well, I am going to start working on this Rock Paper Scissors game project. I have to go, then I have to start my blog website project after. I will check in next week! I hope everyone enjoys their week!
Matthew McCane Jr and I, at his baseball ceremony!

Comments