Intro to Programming: Week 7 @ Udacity!

The more time I spend with Udacity, the more I love them! After all the let downs and failures in terms of trying to acquire scholarships or acceptance into a school to learn coding, UDACITY was the one who awarded me with a scholarship! I won the OneTen Scholarship, which is aimed at closing the gap for African-Americans in tech. They will be a great resource to use in my career as a Engineer. I am humbled, and I thank God for chosing me! The thing is, I won't let anyone down or stop doing this, it's something that's been inside me since a child, so there investment was a good one, and I am anxious to show that off. I had talked with others who had gotten scholarships instead of me, who ended up not even doing the program!! AHHH! I remember those days... haha, life can be really interesting! I want to thank OneTen and the BIT (Blacks in Technology Foundation) for giving me a chance to accomplish my goals. We have a meeting on Wednesday, April 26th, and then I believe classes begin the day after!

I am in Week 7, and I have learned so much! I finished my project at Udacity for Python, my adventure game made it through! I had to resubmit because I forgot to include a function that validates user input. It was kind of ironic, because when I first began the project, that was the first function that I created, then I questioned myself as to where I need it or not? Lesson learned, I needed it for all user input functions. It was also in the rubric, but when you first start projects, your mind is racing through a million things as to what you need or may need. This was my first project for any programming language, and it was amazingly fun! In the beginning, I remember asking myself, how am I going to get through this? It seemed impossible. The mentors who grade our projects at Udacity are top notch. The feedback is really professional, detailed, and immmensly valuable. The professionals give you a few of the TIPS and tricks that they use, and the things that they referenced. I really love in programming how things are documented so well, and just learning how to use those references--the possiblities become endless. I am now working on Python II -- which is more Python, but a bit more advanced. In the first week of Python II, we are working on 'Working with files'. It's showing us how to work with files on your operation system using Python. It's really similar to Git, but Python has it's own way as well. I am a bit anxious to began learning about Web API's. Application Programming Interface, I've always heard the term, but I know zero about it, we will start with that after this lesson. If you would like, you can always visit my GitHub if you want to check out my projects.

My wife drew this, she's an artist!

Comments