Week 29 and Week 45 of my Tech Journey!

It's cold here in Pittsburgh, my little brother is in the state playoffs in PA for high school basketball in his senior year. I am so proud of him, he has a 4.0 and is trying to get a scholarship playing basketball. Since Noah was a baby, he's been playing basketball, and he deserves all that he works for. I pray that God blesses him! I worked on my portfolio project a little on Saturday with Sharon. I accidently opened my birthday gift, thinking it was a motherboard, I am trying to build Sharon a desktop PC. Sharon ended up getting me an Amazon Scribe for my birthday and I haven't stopped using it since last night. So, one of my favorite pastimes is reading, and Sharon knows this, so what's better than a digital book that you can write notes on the screen while reading?

I had a Mock Interview with a company called Karat. After the mock interview, I received some really good feedback, one was how I needed to become more fluent in the Python programming language. So I bought the book Python Crash Course, and I am on Chapter 3, I started last night. After this post I will keep reading, and also find some other cool reading material. I usually steal the books that Bill Gates chooses to read, he picks such good books, Ive read two of his recommendations so far, and learned so much! My thought process was ok (Thanks to Formation), but my fluency in Python needs to get better, so when someone gives me feedback, I surely attack these issues right away, I love feedback. I also met another amazing engineer from Florida through Formation (a fellow), his name is Joe Mattern. I had a Resume Review session with him on Thursday with Formation and he IMPROVED MY RESUME DRASTICALLY! He also gave me so much EXCELLENT advice during our Google Meet. He is the reason why I love engineering, the people you get to meet are very intelligent, and some can be very inspiring and helpful. He is already at a Senior level in coding, but he gave me so many great resources to better my Python as well as my resume. I hope we can grow and become better friends as we take on this journey! Joe is in his first week, but is already on Algo Marathon (it's part of the Formation curriculum), Marathon is when the Algorithm problems get a little more complicated. Joe is smart, he will breeze through it all, I can't wait to hear what job he lands!

I also have an assessment for Cisco Full Stack Intern Meraki that has to be completed within the two week window from last Monday when they emailed me. The tough thing is, they did not really give me any preparation materials, but that's fine, I will just use Formation to help guide me, and it's been working! Formation as I've said before is soooo goooood. It's a community/fellowship of powerful engineers who got years of experience and rank in top companies. We use a chat room called MatterMost, which is similar to Slack, and anytime I get in a hunch, I can go into there and get help from over 800 different people! I have to fix up my resume, thanks to Joe, and also I am trying to pass my Algo Blitz final next week. After, I pass the Algo Blitz final, I will move on to Software Engineering (L1). Wish me luck...

Little brother Noah and Coach Giles CHAMPIONS 2023 PENN HILLS INDIANS!!!

Comments