Formation week 26 and Tech transition week 42

Hello world!

I made it to Los Angeles, and it was AMAZING! I love the weather, and the cool chill vibes of the locals. It was honestly a bit chilly, but the sun was always out. I stayed in the Hidden Hills part of Calabasas. I just relaxed at my younger brother (Aaron's) mansion, we also visited the local mall, and we watched movies in his theatre, just hung out and kicked it. I want to return one day soon.

As for FORMATION! I am glad to be back coding, I was gone for almost a week. I passed Stacks and Queues, but I need more practice for sure, and I will get that practice again soon on Algo Marathon, where the questions become more difficult. I am currently learning Binary Tree and Binary Search Tree. I enjoy working with trees the most I believe. Today I had a session with Colin at Formation, it was a Concept Drill about traversing through Trees efficiently. We went over time and space complexity as well. We also covered DFS and BFS (Depth First Search and Breadth First Search). Depth searches the height of each edge, and Breadth searches accordingly to each level on the tree. I still need to practice preorder traversal and the other ones. I am taking things slowly and absorbing everything I can. The time away in LA really makes me feel more confident and things don't feel so scary. I think I just needed a break, I mean, I've been doing this stuff week in and week out for almost a year with no vacations. That was well needed, I see why BIG TECH wants you to take a break, it really does help. Sharon's birthday is tomorrow, we will go out to dinner on Saturday, she will be 33 I believe. I had a session as well yesterday, another Concept Drill on Binary Trees and I can't believe the review that I received from Amitagh, a senior engineer! It really made me feel better. I will show the screenshot! I am finish for the day, now I will start packing up and lay it down for the night. I will learn about preorder traversal tomorrow. OH YEA! A friend from Formation named Michael, recommended me for a job at Accenture, I am not sure if I got it. They made me do an assessment but I am not sure if I made it or not. It's just an apprenticeship, but that would be huge because I will be able to learn and grow as a developer, and still stay in Formation and learn even more! I rather get that job than work in the food industry, I am so tired of the food industry as you guys know already. OVER IT! Well, I am still waiting back, it's been almost a week, so I probably did not get the job, but Michael was pretty confident that I would. My luck isn't the best with getting jobs, but that was the first time I had a REAL referral. I will keep my head up and keep pushing either way. I won't stop until I die. Anyhow, I wish you all a great week and weekend, I will write again soon! Thank you for reading!
Great review from Formation Senior Engineer

Comments