Intro to Programming & Front End Fundamentals Week 9 @ Udacity!

I completed Python II on Thursday. I submitted my OOP project based on a game of Rock Paper Scissors, and I passed without and feedback? I was looking forward to something I did wrong, but I guess there was no feedback required. I asked my friend Ryan who is a Software Engineer based out of Seattle, and he also said it looks good, minus the fact that we could have used an abstract class for a 'template' class, instead of using a Player Class that always returns rock. I think Udacity wants to take it easy and slow on us students, that's why they kept it simple. I learned a ton about Object Oriented Programming in this course. We covered... Working with Files, Web API's, and Objects and Classes. Now, I move on to JavaScript. I resumed my studies today after taking my normal Friday off. I had 88% of my JavaScript completed from previous studies, so now I am almost complete with that, and then we will do a Pixel Art Maker project, and once I finish that, I hope to earn my Nano degree in Intro to Programming! I finished today iwth 92% completed for JavaScript. Today, I learned A LOT about the DOM (Document Object Model)... and how it's a particular tree structure for HTML contents. We learned how to access Elements, Classes, and ID's with the DOM. We also learned about Nodes/nodes, element, and interfaces. I finished off learning how to Addent Content with DOM methods using JavaScript, editing, and removing etc. After this, I will complete Working with Browser Events and then the Pixel project begins. The last two weeks been a lot of learning for me. Tonight, I will continue to work on my CSS Blog Website project for the Front End Fundamentals course that I have from my scholarship. Once I complete that project, the next course is actually the same JavaScript course that I am finishing up in ITP. We will talk about that when we get that far. I take things a day at a time, and thank God a day at a time. I am really enjoying this transition and learning curve, as this is something I always wanted to do since a kid, and I plan to do for the rest of my life. I will post again next Saturday! Bye now.
Mila McCane at the hospital a few years ago!

Comments