Intro to Programming: Week 3 @ Udacity!

I am still learning Python! I have completed the lessons: Turtles and Code, Python Functions, and Shell Workshop thus far. I am currently working on Python at home, which gets you all setup using Python in interactive mode aka 'interperter' mode. The Shell Workshop taught us a little about Git Bash... using the CLI to edit, organize, create, and/or remove files. I had taken the free course 'Version Control with Git' and it's pretty much the same thing, but this one goes into more detail! However, I did learn some new commands such as curl... which allows me to download from a particular URL through the terminal. We covered two built-in Python functions... the input statement and also the print statement.

I really enjoy learning from Udacity, it's very easy to follow along and learn the concepts, they give you an ample amount of practice through appying what you are learning as you are learning it, and the order that it is taught, makes sense for me. After I complete the 38 minutes left for Python at Home (tomorrow), I have two more lessons to complete before my first Python project. Each lesson takes 8 hours each to complete. The first lesson will go in depth with 'Strings and Lists' in Python. And the second lesson will cover 'Style and Structure' which will help us to write and understand longer Python code, and how to structure it properly. After, I complete Intro to Python I, there will be Intro to Python II. I have a lot of work to get done, and I am having the ride of my life learning this stuff. It's a passion that I've always had since a child, to work and learn in tech. I have been thinking of doing an online CS Degree program. I want to get my degree in Computer Science before I die, although, many developers that I know, tell me that I do not need it! Haha.... I just think it would make me feel better, and also make my mother very proud! I am taking things a day at a time for now! I am excited to have goals and plans for my future! Life is boring when you aren't learning!

I will post more detailed information of what I am learning and doing as it progresses. This is really the vanilla stage of Python, and it's hard to really explain the basic things going on now. Once, I become more fluent and productive, and I feel I can explain what I am learning well, then, will I expand my thoughts in the blogs. It's still pretty simple and smooth at this point! NO TLDR; Enjoy your week! :)

My Metaverse Avatar! Web 3.0

Comments